Monday, April 25, 2011

Quilt A Card!

I’ve always loved quilted things, even one of my beloved bed covers is quilted (and it’s been with me for over 12 years I think). So when I saw this tutorial of a card inspired by quilting technique I am so eager to try it out! Here is my first try:

quilt_card_01

Credits:

Digital paper pack: Hearts Whimsy Paper Pack by Karen Lewis
Embossing folder: Sizzix

I wanted to add a sentiment in the front but it just looks great just as it is so I decided to leave it blank. It’s not too bad I think, though I could’ve planned the colors better and show off those beautiful patterns more. So I tried out another method of ‘quilting’ a card from this tutorial and made this:

quilt_card_02

Credits:

Digital kit: Life Is Good by Fee Jardine
Stamp: We R Memory Keepers
Ink: Martha Stewart
Glossy Accents (though you can’t see the shine here hehe)
Embossing folder: Sizzix

I have one more, well okay a FEW, quilted card(s) in the works. It’s a bit tedious (but not too much, I swear) but so addictive!

Have a lovely Monday and happy Easter holiday everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment