Monday, September 19, 2011

The Card That Started Things Again

Do you remember that unfinished card that set me off to creating cards again? Well here it is below. It is a shaker AND a pop-up card. Can you tell that cupcakes make me creative? :p

Front:

cupcakeshakercard

Inside:

cupcakeshakercard01

Credits
Digital kit: Bake Me A Cake by Kristin Cronin-Barrow
Stamps: Cupcake Collection from Papertrey Ink, Kitchen Tilda and Sweetheart Tilda from Magnolia, It’s A Day For Cupcake (AR171) Hero Arts
Ink: Memento (Tuxedo Black)
Coloring: Copic markers
Dies: Spellbinders
Liquid Pearls
Seed beads and ribbed ribbon.

You may see that the coloring isn’t as good as the other two cards I posted before. Yes, you are quite right. With this one I used cold-pressed watercolor paper. I experienced with a lot of different papers for my Copic, with this one I wanted to see how it goes because it was kind of off-white (it has a warm tone) and it has interesting ‘ridged’ texture. Turns out it sucked my Copic’s ink and I needed to blend a lot. Certainly not going back to this one. I intended to use the paper with gamsol/sansodor, but I found that the technique wasn’t for me. Back to Copic it is, and of course my smooth papers ;)

Last Saturday I also just got new stamps and ink stash. At the moment I am so into coloring characters, but when my PTI order came I fell in love with object stamping again. Will share a new card made with it later this week. And I also ordered a Magnolia stamp – Little Mermaid Tilda – which I think officially makes me have a new crave/obsession. I love mermaid images! I just got Sweet November’s Bubbles Lostlagoon and am thinking about also getting La-La Land Crafts’ Mermaid Marci. It’s a good thing we have an all year tropical weather here so I can create any summery card whenever I want heehee.

Oh! By the way, have you seen Dani Mogstad’s recent kits? So adorable!!! Check these out:

d33cc3c454ff708a389fc25d16050520 dmogstad-aloha-preview dmogstad-schooldaze-preview 10cb4110a917da6cf8e0a5f23bc3fd3e

Have a fantastic Monday y’all!

2 comments:

  1. ahhhh lucu banget Indah !!! itu shaker card yaa...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute, Indah..
    Sorry to hear about your hard drive incident. Feel for you! So glad that you are get things back in order and great to see you blog again and of course seeing your awesome cards!!!
    Big Hug

    ReplyDelete