Sunday, September 18, 2011

Just A Note

Hello all! It is such a lovely day today. It’s such a shame that three days ago the south part of Jakarta got showered with rain but our part of Jakarta (North) didn’t get any spritz at all! Ah! I love summer, but this time it’s so hot and dry that the mosquitos are breeding and feeding like crazy!!!! Hopefully in the next two weeks the rainy season will start and I can get that cool weather to relax to, at home… hahaha, why at home? Because when you’re in Jakarta and it’s raining while you’re still on the road, it’s definitely a road to hell! You could be stuck 1-3 hours on the road just because it rains!

Anyway, I am back with another card. This card is simple and I made it because I wanted to color some images I bought a couple of weeks ago with some new Copic colors I got few days ago. I told myself to just make anything. Simple, colored, embellished, or just one layer… Just create! Otherwise I would never get into the mood again. And you know what? It worked! I’ve fallen in love with creating cards again!

card_zp_thosewhowanttosing

Credits
Digital kit: Those Who Want To Sing... by Zoe Pearn
Digital Stamp: Roller Skate Marci from La-La Land Crafts
(Physical) Stamp: Everyday Sayings (CL342) from Hero Arts
Ink: Memento (Tuxedo Black)
Dies: Spellbinders
Embossing: Sizzix
Twine: Twinery
Copic Markers
Pink pearl paint
Pink gingham ribbon, pink flower buttons

So anyway, I wanted to tell you about my hard drive that was wiped out. It was actually my own fault. I did some re-organizing and wanted to create a new folder with all my digital supplies categorized. When I cut and pasted the folders I guess it didn’t complete the transfer and then it was LOST! I only found out a few days after and I got so panic! So I called a data recovery service and they charged me insane amount to retrieve those lost data, but I figured hey all those bought supplies are probably worth even more so I said yes. Once it was done I realized that there was a lot of corrupt data on the recovered files. I could not open or use the files. When I asked the data recovery service to look into it they avoided me and never got back to me even until now. I was so brokenhearted. I got all the files backed up on DVDs and I can simply un-zip them again, but I already lost my crafting mood. So what did I do to get myself in the mood again? Buy. new. (digi)kits. Even then it didn’t instantly boosts my mood. Took me a while to get back into things. And it started with an unfinished card I found in my drawer. Finished it, then slowly I dusted my stamps, just inking a few things without making cards out of them. Then time flies and I’ve made 3 new cards already. :)

Anyway, here are my ‘idle time’ digi purchases:

Crystal Wilkerson

ColorCombo03_01_PreviewColorCombo03_02_PreviewColorCombo03_03_Preview

The Digichick

folderplayfulsunshine-pp-600krl-it'selementarypp-bp_LRG

Sweet Shoppe Designs (some are unlinked because it was part of Going, Going, Gone sale – now retired)

folderzpearn-bohemiansummer-previewzpearn-sunshinelollipops-previewzpearn-thesweetestthing-preview

Designer Digitals

mterasawa-cakebliss-previewmterasawa-cakeblisscons-previewmterasawa-spookable-pp-previewspookabledressupstickersmterasawa-bootoyou-pp-previewKPertiet_LittlestFarmerPREVKPertiet_FriendsWordARtNo3PREVKPertiet_MomentousSealsNo1PREV

Shabby Shoppe

_SP_Gracie_Preview

No comments:

Post a Comment