Thursday, April 19, 2012

Sweet New Baby

Good morning! It’s Thursday, which means it’s one step closer to weekend! I’ve got so many plans for the weekend, especially after all the renovation things that’s been going on the past two weeks I am so ready for a little fun time :)

Anyway, today I will show you a card I made for my best friend who just gave birth to a beautiful baby girl. She has been my best friend for 17 years and believe it or not, almost half of those times we are apart. We started our friendship during our first year of Junior high school, then she went on to a semi-military school on scholarship about 10 hours away from me (by train) while I stayed in Jakarta. When she came home for college, my Dad decided to send me to Australia for college. Three years later we were reunited for about 4 years until she decided to take on specialization course in Australia. There, she met the love of her life and settled down. But what’s so amazing is that we are still as connected and as close as we were 17 years ago if not closer. We talk almost everyday and sees each other once a year when she comes home for a couple weeks.

Agh, I get a little teary eyed whenever I tell people of our friendship… But let’s move on to my card before I get sappier ahahahahaha.

missamber_sweetbaby

Credits:
Digital kit: Hats Off To You by Traci Reed
Stamps: Sweet Blossom from Wee Stamps and Hero Arts (sentiment)
Ink: Memento and Versamagic
Coloring: Copic and Prismacolor markers
Dies: Spellbinders
Flowers: Prima and IAR
Flourish rhinestones
Pink lace

12 comments:

  1. So glad you've remained friends for so long! That's just great.

    LOVE this baby card! Precious image and the flowers and DP are so girly and just sweet, sweet, sweet! Love it.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful card.Oh your friend Is going to love it. Friends are awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh this is cute, loving the colours you've used. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful card! She will love it! I loved your friendship story, it makes me smile. I'm so happy you've remained so close over the years, you're one lucky gal!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful card you made for your friend! This will be a cherished treasure for her!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A precious card for a precious friend's new baby girl!! She will surely cherish this card and tell her daughter of your friendship in the future! So very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous- your coloring skills are amazing! How nice to have such a special BF- you are very lucky my dear- and so is she!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh sweetie this is so cute...love your gorgeous colouring and the pretty colours! ;) Hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I forgot to write how lovely that you have a special friend all that time...thank you for sharing! Hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  10. This beautiful card will be treasured forever by your friend...thanks for sharing such beautiful story of REAL friendship....

    I really like how U added lace all around your nestied beautiful image...I definetly need to case this awesome layout...*TFS* ♥

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your card. What a sweet image and your coloring is awesome! I love the added flowers and the bling flourish. What a fabulous story. TFS.

    ReplyDelete