Thursday, June 7, 2012

Coloring With Colored Pencils

I know I almost always color my stamp images with markers, but I recently fell in love again with colored pencils when hubster bought me this 120 Caran D’ache Pablo Colored pencils a while back.

s_caran_030_s1

20581-0129-2-3ww-l

I’m still learning the ropes to color using them, because although you can still have that gradient-looking colors as you would with markers it’s still pretty different. But I am surprised at how easy it is to color dark to light just using ONE colored pencils and odorless mineral spirits. That means I have 120 NEW COLORS! :D

So anyway, here’s my first ever card made using these badboys ;)

SOG_meadowy_missamber

Credits:
Stamp: Gwen In Bloom from Some Odd Girl
Digital kit: Miss Priss by Designs by Megan Turnidge
Ink: Memento
Coloring: Caran D’Ache Pablo Colored Pencils
Dies: Spellbinders, Taylored Expressions and Cheery Lynn
Cotton string and buttons

3 comments:

  1. Very pretty card. And your coloring looks awesome. I only use color pencils and its taking me forever to learn. looks like you got it down pretty fast.TFS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card sweetie...I just love your pencil colouring! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll say it again...your coloring is out of this world!!! *Kudos*!!

    ReplyDelete