Sunday, December 19, 2010

Yummy!

Oh yes, the days of staring at my stash are here again. My ribbon and button orders are here, and I’m excited about creating. Flipped through my Papercrafts magazines, newest Cards magazine, and then opened my hard drive… 1 minute, 3 minutes, 5 minutes, 15 minutes.. Wait, have I just been staring at these eyecandy? I’m afraid so. There are so many goodness that I’m so overwhelmed. Don’t know where to start, well don’t know which ones to choose to be exact. Grrrrr. This happens to me a lot, that’s why I really wanted to have someone with the same interests as myself to bounce off ideas with. To look at my digi and stamp stashes and say “Well this one looks great with this” or “You can try this with that”. Yeah, in desperate need of a card-making buddy!

Anyway, I’m sure you know about my love for cupcakes. Well, here’s a card that satisfies my lust for cupcake heehee.

2010_12_zpbdaya

Credits:
Digital kit: Birthday Girl by Zoe Pearn
Stamp: ClearDesign: Cupcakes (CL158) from Hero Arts
Polkadot Ribbon: M2M
Colored using Faber-Castell Colored Pencils

My Mom went to Singapore a couple of weeks ago and she bought me Memento inks. They ran out of Tuxedo Black and Rich Cocoa, so she got me London Fog and Potter’s Clay instead. I must admit, I have only used Archival Ink all this time. Partly because I’m frugal, but partly also because I have only used watercolor pencils to color in my stamped images so I didn’t see the need to buy Memento. I have heard so much about them being markers’ best friend, and they’re not kidding. I just gotten around to using them a couple of days ago and I’m impressed! I have very little marker collection (Copics are sooooo expensive!) but this is such a great addition to my (small) ink pad collection.

A few days ago Scrapgirls is having a Christmas sale, and I had my eyes to these yumminess for MONTHS. So what did I do? Pushed myself off the edge and got this for a sahweeeet deal! Heehee. I’m planning to make a card and maybe a gift cover for my partner’s unborn baby Liv. She’s gonna be spoiled rotten by me and my husband for sure!

 wm_EHI_BouncBabyGirl_Coll_MKTG_600 wm_AMC_DoodleDarling_Paper_MKTG_600

I’m guessing right now you can already figure out my style. I tend to buy girly kits with whimsical illustrations. I don’t know why I have such spot for that kind of things. It’s pretty contradictory in real life I guess. I’m basically a rock chick with a geeky attitude who loves girly kits and killer pumps and heels. Haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment