Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Sansodor and Colored Pencils

A while back, I posted that I bought Sansodor (otherwise in US known as OMS or Gamsol) to try a new coloring technique. I wanted to have an alternative coloring method other than using my Copics (in other word, a cheaper alternative hehe). I said in that post that the method didn't work for me, but apparently I was wrong. After finding out that a friend almost exclusively colored using this method and thought she was using Copics I was intrigued again. I found out that the paper used for this technique has a lot to do with the success of using this technique. I switched to using smooth surface paper and I was in awe! My cheap Faber Castell colored pencils did a mighty fine job! The card I made below was a result of one of the experiments I did with OMS and colored pencils. This wasn't the finest one, I did a lot better coloring with my TGF stamp but for now I'll show you this beginner coloring I did hehe.

This is also my take on HYCCT1121 challenge, theme is “Big Or Small, Save Them All!” in which we need to use two sizes of a geometric shape (circle, oval, square,etc).

HYCCT_12

Credits:
Digital papers: Color Combo #3 - Paper Pack #1 by Crystal Wilkerson
Stamp: Three Girls (LP162) from Hero Arts
Ink: Memento (Tuxedo Black)
Coloring: Colored Pencils, Copic markers and Sansodor
Dies: Spellbinders
Flower: Prima
Bling: Prima
Grosgrain ribbon: Charisma
Dried leaves

2 comments:

  1. This is so precious! LOVE the cute background papers too! Adorable.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  2. So super sweet...love those papers too...I couldn't resist getting them when Crystal released them! Fabulous coloring and super sweet flower! ;) Hugs x

    ReplyDelete