Thursday, November 24, 2011

Trying My Hand At Embossing

First of all, Happy Thanksgiving for those who celebrate it! Here’s hoping you are surrounded by all things warm and beautiful!

When I finally bought heating tool (heat gun) last month I was so excited with all the possibilities I can do with it. Until I tried it out for the first time. The result was messy and it didn’t raise up! I panicked a little. I mean, that and the embossing powders cost quite a bit of money! Finally a couple of weeks later I tried a new technique and found why it didn’t work the way I’d imagined it the first time. First, the paper (like, d’oh, always the problem with me! hehe) was too fibrous. I used my usual colored carstock instead of thick and fibrous cardstock and it was perfect! Second of all, the heating should stop once the powder melted and looks glossy. Otherwise it’ll just be absorbed into the paper and it wouldn’t have that ‘raised’ look. So here are my experiment’s results.

HYCCT_14

This was done for HYCCT1114, the theme is “It touches all of us” where we have to make a pink collage. I chose to do this one.

Credits:
Stamps: Flower Circle Border (H5345), Asian Fan Border (H5348) and Everyday Sayings (CL342) from Hero Arts
Ink: Stampin Up and Versamark
Embossing powder: Martha Stewart

HYCCT_19

Now this one is for HYCCT1131, the theme is It's a Costume Party where we should create a card that isn’t our usual style. Well this one is it… No patterned papers! Hahaha. It was quite hard… Really itching to use my papers, but the embossing steals the stage and it still looks pretty without my precious patterned papers ;)

Credits:
Stamps: Flower Circle Border (H5345), Asian Fan Border (H5348) and Thinking of You (CL140) from Hero Arts
Ink: Memento (Tuxedo Black) and Versamark
Embossing powder: Martha Stewart
Kraft cardstock

Thanks for visiting!

3 comments:

  1. Steals the stage is right as both of these are beauties! Love the embossing on them. So pretty.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cool look you achieved with your embossing powder! Love your fabulous cards. Although I love pink, I love the red one as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Amber, WOW you have some beautiful cards. Very creative. And I love our coloring. Its nice to have a new member thanks for joining.

    ReplyDelete