Sunday, May 22, 2011

Make Do With What You Have

Yes, that’s what I tell myself when crafting. I try to be as frugal as I can when crafting. Like last Tuesday when me and my friends ‘raided’ my fave ribbon and buttons store, I found similar ribbons like SU’s and also PTI buttons, all at the fraction of the price. I try to do the same when it comes to markers. I have limited Copic markers and sometimes I don’t have the coordinating trios or quads, so I blend them with the cheaper Prismacolor. It’s not always a good combo, but I make do with what I have. Like this image below from Magnolia. I colored them with both Copic and Prismacolor markers, and then I coordinate it with a digital kit I have in my stash. Usually I go the other way around hehe.

WWW_0030

Credits:
Digital Kit: Geek Chic by Robin Carlton (retired)
Stamp: Kitchen Tilda from Magnolia and sentiment from The Angel Company
Charm: Cerra
Die Cut: Tags Five and Blossom from Spellbinders
Embossing: Sizzix
Copic and Prismacolor markers
Satin ribbon
Kraft cardstock

I’m entering this card for:

5 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card and a great image. thanks for joining us at Crafty Catz this week. Hugs Suzie x

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG this is such a beautiful card I love the colour theme and the image is adorable,

    Thank you so much for joining us at Crafty Catz this week,

    Good Luck with the challenge,
    Hugs Bridget Crafty Catz DT :0)x

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh super cute card love the sweet image
    Thank you for joining us at the crafty catz
    linda x

    ReplyDelete
  4. so...where is this fave place of yours? i wud love to pay a visit too....anything with bargain price will do for me!! how r u, love...??

    ReplyDelete