Monday, January 30, 2012

Gatefold Valentine’s Day Cards

Hi everyone! It’s Monday again and closer to February hehe. My ‘secret’ will be revealed in a couple of days… So excited! :D

Anyway, continuing my Valentine’s Day cards these are a couple of gate-fold cards I made using *gasp* non-hybrid products.  I know, I know….. So totally not me right? Hehe. But I went to my local scrapbook store, Made With Love, and they were having a 40% off sale (as I wrote a few posts ago) on paper pads, Prima embellishments and a few other brands. So just before I go to the checkout place I noticed this paper pack from Doodlebug calling my name, loudly. Hahaha. So what I can I do? I had to save it from that place right? I immediately picked it up and admired the most adorable pink and red patterns inside. There was only one unfortunately, I so want more of this paper pad! I’ve created a few Valentine’s Day cards with this pad, I will share it over the next few days.

vdaydoobug02_card_by_missamber

Now for the first version, the sentiment is embossed using Martha Stewart embossing powder.

vdaydoobug01_card_by_missamber

I really love the version, the pink on her dress contrasts well with the pattern and red embossed background. I didn’t emboss the sentiment here.

Which one you like more?

Credits:
6x6 paper pad: Sweet Cakes from Doodlebug Designs
Stamps: Miss Anya Dressy from The Greeting Farm and TAC
Ink: Memento and Versamark
Coloring: Copic markers
Dies: Spellbinders
Dry embossing: Crafts Too
Embossing Powder: Martha Stewart
Pink and fuchsia bling flourishes

3 comments:

  1. So pretty...all that fussy cutting is fabulous and your colouring...I love it! Love the papers too! ;) Hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Darling cards- I love pink so would have to choose that IF I had to pick one...but I really like both of them- the colors are great and love the bling...: ) Cannot wait to hear your exciting news...!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like the red and pink combos!!! Super girlie and perfect for vday!

    ReplyDelete